“The Mindy Project” Season 4 Episode 14 finally has an official premiere date, which show-runner and star Mindy Kaling announced as Tuesday, April 12. While the nature of Mindy and Danny’s (Chris Messina) relationship remains a mystery, there are speculations of the debut of a special guest star on the show when it returns.
As fans know, Kaling has always found ways to bring her celebrity friends to the show.
Cases in point:
- Seth Rogen as Sam Kleinfeld, Mindy’s “one that got away.”
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Matt Sherman, Mindy’s husband in an alternate reality.
- Freida Pinto as herself, but dating Danny in the same alternate reality.
- Seth Meyers as Matt, a potential love interest for Mindy.
- Josh Meyers as Adam, a male prostitute Mindy briefly dated.
- James Franco as Dr Paul Leotard, Mindy’s replacement and short-term nemesis.
- Timothy Olyphant as Graham, a skater Mindy dated.
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Brooke, Danny’s ex-girlfriend.
The list goes on, but you get the point.
When Kaling posted a selfie with Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra, who is making it big in Hollywood as Alex Parrish in ABC’s “Quantico,” fans obviously began to wonder if the two would share screen space in an upcoming episode of “The Mindy Project.”
If Danny and Mindy do get over their differences and decide to get married, Chopra could be one of her cousins that attend the wedding. After all, Kaling captioned the photo, “Ran into my cousin last night at a party.”
However, hoping for a wedding between Mindy and Danny any time soon would be unrealistic, considering how insensitive and unsupportive a partner Danny has been recently. Moreover, the couple has not been on the same page about anything since their baby was born.
Meanwhile, Priyanka has a whole bunch of Hollywood projects up her sleeve, including voice-over work for the Hindi version of “The Jungle Book,” and a negative role in “Baywatch” alongside Dawyne “The Rock” Johnson . That does not stop Mindy-Priyanka fans from hoping these two phenomenal ladies will appear together soon.