Stylish star Allu Arjun’s “Sarainodu” (Sarrainodu), which is scheduled to be released in theatres on April 22, is expected to beat five records of his last outing “S/o Satyamurthy” (SOS) at the box office.
“Sarainodu” has been making it to the headlines for one or the other good reason, ever since Boyapati Srinu announced the film. Its promos have garnered lot of attention too. Set to be released in a large number of theatres, the film is expected to become the biggest release for Allu Arjun. The hype surrounding it has helped it register good advance booking for its opening weekend.
Allu Arjun’s last outing “S/o Satyamurthy” had made superb collection at the box office in all the regions. It had shattered the records of his previous movies and set up a new benchmark for his latest film, “Sarainodu.” Here are the five big records of the film that “Sarainodu” needs to shatter in the coming days.
1. “S/o Satyamurthy” earned a share of Rs 9.27 crore at the AP/T box office on the first day. It became the biggest opener for Allu Arjun, beating the record of his previous film, “Race Gurram” (Rs 6.50+ crore).
2. “S/o Satyamurthy” grossed Rs. 37.90 crore at the AP/T box office in the four-day-extended first week and its share stands at Rs 27.18 crore.
3. “S/o Satyamurthy” surpassed the Rs. 50-crore mark at the worldwide box office in six days. The movie collected Rs. 57.70 crore gross in the global market in the first week and its share stands at Rs. 38 crore.
4. “S/o Satyamurthy” raked in Rs. 90.5 crore gross at the global box office in its life time and its distributors’ share reached Rs. 51.90 crore. “Sarainodu” is expected not just to beat this record, but also become the first film to cross the Rs. 100-crore mark.
5. “S/o Satyamurthy” got a superb opening and made record-breaking collection at the U.S. box office. The film collected $347,267 from the premiere shows, $136,168 on the first day, $1,111,531 (Rs. 6.94 crore) in the first weekend and $1,254,699 (Rs. 7.97 crore) in its life time. It became the 10th highest grossing Telugu film of all time in the U.S.
Considering its pre-release hype, “Sarainodu” seems comfortably placed to become the biggest opener for Allu Arjun, beating the records of “S/o Satyamurthy” everywhere. But the word of mouth reviews will decide whether it will be able to smash the other records. Stay tuned to read the box office collection updates of “Sarainodu.”