Michael Fassbender, well known among movie and comic book fans for playing the character of Magneto in Marvel’s “X-Men: First Class” (2011), “X Men: Days of Future Past” (2014), and the upcoming “X-Men: Apocalypse.”(2016), turns 39 April 2.
The actor rose to prominence with the fantasy war epic “300,” in which he played the role of a Spartan warrior. He continued to impress fans in his other hit films, including the historical drama “Hunger” (2008) and Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” (2009). Fassbender won a British Independent Film Award for both the movies.
As the star celebrates his 39th birthday, we bring to you some of his most popular quotes:
– “Why not provoke some thought and get people talking about things? I like characters that are flawed because we all are. When people break up in a script, you think, Oh, right, there must be tears shed here. But maybe the fact of the matter is that they’re both laughing.”
– “What I find really interesting is to try and mix it up, to push myself and try different things. I don’t want to stay in my comfort zone. I want to take risks and keep myself scared.”
– “People are complicated. Our behaviour towards one another is strange. So I like opportunities to investigate that.”
– “I’m always interested in trying to investigate different personalities. I want to keep myself guessing and keep the fear element alive, so that I don’t get too comfortable.”
– “There’s so much going on in the world. There’s so much information being thrown at us – so many things are being sold to us, and we’re being told how we should appear and how to be more successful, blah, blah, blah. How does that manifest itself? In the pressures, the stress, this needs to escape.”
– “Magneto has a whole lot of complexity to him. Emotionally, he’s coming from a very damaged place. I like the ambivalence of it. I want the audience leaving the theatre wondering, asking the questions themselves rather than being spoon-fed like a lot of these super-villain characters.”
Source: Brainy Quotes